Listen to Steve and Penny talking about this selection of wines chosen to refresh your wine rack. We have chosen wines that match a perfect spring day in the garden or on a picnic.
- Rioja Bordon Blanco from Spain: A crisp, zesty refreshing white from the Spanish grape, Viura. Lots of citrussy fruit and zingy acidity make this wine mouthwatering and appealing, and at 12% abv it is light and elegant. If you like a dry French Sauvignon you might well enjoy this for a change
- Ataraxia Chardonnay, Hemel-en-Aarde in South Africa is one of the best chardonnays, right up there with the Chablis from France. Wonderful mineral taste counter balanced with creaminess
- Cuvee Balthazar Viognier from France is aged on its lees to develop the complex and sumptious flavours of apricots, stone fruits and white flowers. This wine has delicate elegance but with strong and intense flavours. Excellent with ripe cheeses.
- Perini Rose Spumante Brut from Italy: ideal for a spring day this wine (which comes with a crown / beer style cap) is a lovely salmon pink colour. Bright red berry fruits dominate the nose and palate. The finish is refreshing and dry.
- Kaapse Vonkel Brut a sparkling from South Africa is made in the tradtional method (Cap Classique) and is fermented in the bottle. An elegant light golden hue, aromas of white peach, fresh apple and pear, stone fruit flavours are beautifully complemented by hints of citrus and raspberries.
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir from Germany is a surprise in a glass (or bottle) with a light fresh fruity flavour of cherries and red fruits with a hint of spice and pleasant earthiness